Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tea for Two

With just 6 weeks and 2 days left until the official due date, we are getting very excited for our new little one!  I have officially been in the nesting stage for several months now (I think that Kyle thinks I've always been in the nesting stage) and have been knitting and cooking and cleaning and trying to exercise all of my possible motherly muscles so that I will be all ready by the time our baby joins us.

view from crib/chair

view from door

Yesterday, my wonderful in-laws held a tea party baby shower for me and the little one over in Eastern Washington.  I was worried all week because the passes were all closed, but they opened up Friday and we were able to make it over and back safely on Saturday.  With all of the thoughtful and generous gifts, we are even closer to having everything ready!  I still have a list of things we need to have by mid-February, but we're getting closer!

We've been meeting with our doctor every other week, but the appointments are very short and we don't have any big news to report.  Everything is looking good, and, as you can tell, we're counting down the days (or at least I am)!

1 comment:

Tara Clingman said...

Kyle,

Wow look who it is! You look great! Congratulations on your baby! Hope to hear from you soon.

Tara (Hayes) Clingman