Sunday, July 19, 2009

Island Life

We spent a relaxed weekend in the San Juan Islands this weekend with some friends we don't see enough! We were able to drive right on to the ferry on Friday over to the island, as well as this morning for the ferry ride home.
Sora enjoying her first "real" ferry ride.

While on the island, we spent a lot of time relaxing (Sora and I napped a lot). I experienced my first peanut butter cup s'more, which I found surprisingly too sugary for me.

On Saturday, we headed down to Olga Daze to watch our friend Jeannette's son, Charlie, in the parade. Jeanette offered to take Sora with them in the fire truck, so Sora was able to experience her first fire truck ride and be in her first parade. Charlie's a pro at the small town parade, but having Sora along didn't seem to phase him too much. The parade was 100 yards long and turned around and came back up the same route, so for the 20 of us watching the parade, we got to see it twice!
Sora also had her first "real" swimming experience. Kyle took her into the little baby pool after I spent hours insisting that she would love it.
She clearly didn't.

Sora was an amazingly adorable baby all weekend and we had some great photo ops (including this one on the beach this morning before we left).
I think she saved all of her crying for home because as soon as we got home, she had a melt down. She seems to be showing some signs of teething, so hopefully we find something that calms her down in the long run!

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

She was totally adorable all weekend and I must say - she is the best dressed baby I've ever met. Glad you guys could come out for the weekend!

Aunt Judy said...

She definitely looks like her daddy. "Who's your daddy." It looks like you all a great week-end. I haven't seen Sora in real life but because of your blog I've seen her grow up. I'm amazed that you have time to be a mommy, wife and keep your blog up. Hopefully we will see you on Aug 29.

Love Aunt Jud