Saturday, April 24, 2010

An Edmonds Kind of Day: Take 2


Kyle and I both had all day off today, so we decided to take a day trip to Edmonds. It turned out to be a gorgeous day, and we had a great time! We have taken Sora to Edmonds before, but had never gone down to the water front. We explored the beach today, and Sora loved it! We also stumbled upon an underwater diving park - what a fun idea! Now if only we knew how to Scuba dive...Sora showing the world of Edmonds her belly button.

The shirt I alluded to in my Earth day post is finally finished! My mom and I used to have matching sweaters, but hers got a whole in it. Her loss was Sora's gain and I finished her sweater this morning before our trip. It's still a little big, but it's adorable, and everyone knows how much I love mother-daughter matching!

While exploring the beach, we found some ladybugs! It's really hard to tell in this picture, but there is a tiny ladybug on Sora's hand that she's pointing to. There were some brief moments that I feared for its life, but overall Sora was very gentle with it. It is so amazing to see her discover the world around her and experience things that we take for granted with such awe and wonder.

Sora making me laugh. This is a common sight lately as she is becoming quite the comedienne. She's definitely an entertainer like her father!

After our Edmonds adventure, we took a long drive to Southcenter so that Sora could sleep and we could update our wardrobes. I found a killer sale at a consignment store, which is ironic because on our drive down we were talking about the true cost of cheap clothing and the environmental, social and economic impacts of our "cheap" choices on others. I was feeling bad because we all really want new clothes at our house, but I can only afford those cheap options (H&M and Old Navy were top on my list of stores to visit). At least by buying used clothes I can feel a little better about my choices.

We finished our day with a trip to one of our favorite pizza places at Green Lake and a night cap at Chocolati. A great end to a great day!

No comments: