Sora is now a full fledged toddler. She is babbling and running and hard to keep up with! Here are some recent highlights:
- Sora is talking up a storm! So far, the only legible words are no, hi, dada, and "nanana" which is Sora's word for nurse. She signs nurse and sometimes eat.
- Her favorite past time of the moment is books. She loves them! She likes to look at them on her own and also loves to be read to. Her favorite are ones that involve rhyming like The Nose Book, the Foot Book, and There's a Wocket in my Pocket.
- Sora's super active and doesn't like to miss out on anything. She loves to play in forbidden areas like the bathroom and mom's craft area and will sneak in there whenever there's an opportunity. She's also still super cooperative and will hand over anything if you ask her to.
- Sora's finally growing! She's now in mostly 12-18 mo. clothes and is too long for the medium diaper covers anymore. In fact, I just sewed some large covers for her to use at night, which she is modeling in the picture. She's still between a 3 and a 4 in shoes and we've been erring on the size 3 side (except for one day this week she got to wear her big boots and she lost one - seriously that's the third pair of shoes we've lost that otherwise would still fit her!).
- Sora's messy and dirty and loves to play with her food and with dirt and dandelions. She's not afraid to get good and dirty in order to have fun, which makes me smile and keep hope alive that she won't be as anal as her mother. Of course, being anal, it's sometimes hard for me to stop and let Sora smell the mud-covered roses, so to speak.
- She's a tough cookie! She fell on the sidewalk the other day and scrapped her knee pretty badly and barely even cried. She's constantly surprising me by the things she just brushes off like that.
- She's officially out of her infant car seat. We are still using it as a stroller (although her next stroller is getting more use these days), but we've purchased a second car seat for when she's at Mimi's that is a "big girl" seat.
- She's getting cuter every day. I didn't think this was possible, but it's true. She'll come over to you to give you kisses or do something silly like put pants on her head, and she's the most wonderful thing in the whole wide world.
- I just gave her a haircut, and she's looking a little less rag-a-muffin (as seen in the last photo). We have a big photo shoot tomorrow, so look for adorable photos soon!