Friday, September 24, 2010

A Mom's Perspective

It has been a long crazy 10 days! Sora had mixed reactions to moving out of our house. She liked getting to see all the grandparents and friends and got good at saying goodbye.
We moved out of our house on Thursday morning, and my mom came down to get us so we could spend a few days with her before Sora and I flew out to see our new home. It was great to relax and spend some time with my parents and some old friends, but it didn't help Sora's already-mixed up schedule.
My dad drove us to the airport Sunday morning. I had a bag packed full of wrapped toys for Sora's entertainment and a map of each airport we were stopping at with the play areas clearly marked. She loved playing at Seatac before we had to leave to Spokane, then Minneapolis, then Green Bay.
On one of three flights, we had a whole row of seats to our selves. Sora was actually the most squirmy on this flight. The other two, she calmly sat on my lap and happily played or slept.
So far, Sora has had a slow but happy transition to life in Wisconsin. We bought a car the first day we got here, which was a very long day for Sora. On her first time being awake in our new home, she went from the bookcase to her little chair to her toys crying. She has been happier since and loves being at home with me, but she is turning into even more of a mama's girl! She is still transitioning to the time zone, and tonight is our first attempt at her sleeping in her own room which is having some mixed results.
Sora has had a language explosion in the past week. Her newest word is "water", but she is also saying "nannie" for banana, "down", "bath" and more! It has been wet and windy the past two days, but we have enjoyed exploring camp and nearby towns. We have already been to 4 libraries in my attempts to determine our new hot spot. When I was a toddler, my mom and I read through the entire children's library collection in my hometown, so I have quite a task in front of me! Luckily the libraries nearby are super tiny, but Sora isn't interested in listening to full books yet, so she needs to get with the program if we want to finish our task before she goes off to school!

No comments: