Friday, October 29, 2010
So Sora survived her first power outage like a champ. She got to sleep in two different hotel rooms and did okay. We found an absolutely amazing wildlife sanctuary. It was totally free and they had tons of animals and birds. Otters, wolves, bobcats, turtles, deer, eagle, hawks, owls, herons, ducks, foxes and many more. There was a really cool nature center that Sora loved to play in. We will be going back for sure.
Monday, October 25, 2010
So it is a law of camp that a camp kid has to love to get dirty. We have had some strong rain lately and it has given Sora the chance to play in some puddles and mud. Today she and Maleah went for a walk just into our driveway in front of our house and found some great mud. These pictures came out really good. She is turning into such a little tomboy and I love it.
This picture below is to show how much Maleah has grown as a mother of a toddler. For those of you who know her, she abhors being dirty. The fact that she is not only letting Sora crawl around in the mud, but is also praising and documenting the exploration is very unlike her natural clean instincts.
So I had to go to a training in Green Bay on Saturday. Maleah and Sora decided to ride along and have some fun. They went to the library and a cool wildlife park. Sadly it rained all day and since Sora refuses to wear a hat they did not get to stay at the wildlife park for long. We did all go to a cool huge grocery store together. They are a bit different than a Washington grocery store. For instance they have 8 aisles of non alcoholic drinks. Six of pop alone. Crazy. It was a fun wet day in Green Bay.
Friday, October 15, 2010
My crafty blog is finally up and running, and I've already entered my first contest. There are over 250 other people involved, and only 12 are chosen, but going to my new blog and clicking the picture of the scissors will help my chances!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
Sora is 20 months old. This has been a busy month for her. A lot of changes have taken place:
- We moved across the country.
- Sora started sleeping in her own bed (and no longer night nursing).
- She gets to spend all day with me, which also means her daily routine has completely changed, and she no longer gets to see her best friend Sarah and Mimi (although she loves skyping with them).
- Sora has had a word explosion! She now says dozen of words including "ight" (light), bath, "wa-wa" (water), "way-way" (wagon), "gee" (hungry), "iss room" (this room), beep-beep, up, down, shoe (meaning foot, sock, or shoe), "no" (nose), no, eye, ball, "ump" (jump), cheese, baby, Sora, mommy, daddy. Just to name a few.
- She can run and scream, and chase you, and be chased, and find you when you play hide and seek. Sora loves playing in her playroom, and loves being pushed on her train (she points at it and says beep-beep, meaning push me please).
- She loves to eat and gobbles up almost anything that we put in front of her. Her favorites are cheese, bread, and blueberries. She eats eggs almost every morning and gobbles them up.
- Sora loves being a camp kid. She's really into twigs and leaves right now, so it would seem that fall might be her favorite season!
- She is finally growing into her 18-24 mo. clothing and size 5 shoes (although 12-18 mo. and size 4 still fit okay)
- Sora has made some new friends at her play groups and is amazingly good at following directions for the most part (like "put that back").
One of the things that remains a constant in Sora's life: she is still the most amazing, fun, sweet baby we know, and we love her very much.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
While we love the space our new home has, we were not loving the outdated wallpaper in the living room/dining room/kitchen. It was old and starting to peel off the walls, and Sora found a weak spot and tore some off. We took that as our opportunity to ask Kyle's boss who said the house is ours and to do what we'd like. Kyle was excited to tear the wallpaper down and is already over 2/3 done. Now, I have the task of picking the paint color. This job is too big for one woman alone! I have always wanted a red accent wall, but am stuck on the rest! The wood cabinets, bar, and window/door treatments are all remaining the same color, and the black couch will remain as well.
I am a big fan of these two color palettes, and would love to have one wall red or green, and then was thinking of the kitchen/dining walls cream or lt. brown ish and the living room walls the opposite color.
I need your help! What would a reasonable person do? What colors do you like for which walls (or are my taste buds way off base?). Sue and Tasha, this one is for you!