Thursday, January 13, 2011

Californication

Before Kyle and I decided to up and move our family to the midwest, we had planned on a California vacation with my parents in January. Since Kyle couldn't go, Sora and I decided to go without him. Sora loved Santa Barbara just as much as I expected her to!

The weather was great - mid to high 60s and sunny the whole time (except for about 2 hours where Sora kept saying "dibble dopp" when it rained).

Sora loved exploring the rocks and shells on the beach. She played tag with the tide. The tide won, but barely.
Sora rode on her first antique carousel. To my suprise, she loved it!
We also explored Solvang, a nearby Danish village. It reminded me of Lynden, my hometown, but more tourist focused. Sora had fun running in the town square. Here she is practicing her princess walk.
On the way home, we stopped at a California staple, In n Out. Sora devoured her first burger! She preferred the fries (no surprise there), but liked the burger too.
Look for a recap of more adventures soon! In the meantime, Sora and I are now in Washington enjoying some time with family before heading back to Wisconsin.
 

No comments: