Saturday, February 12, 2011

Playin' House For Reals Yo

So the big project that I have been working on for nearly a month is Sora's new felt play house. Kyle built a PVC frame that is 4.5" square and 4" tall. Sora loves it, which is a good thing since it takes up a lot of her play room.

Let me take you on a tour of Sora's neighborhood. 

Her front door, complete with opening mail box for her to receive mail and flowers for her to pick.

Her garden with corn and other veggies for her to pick.

Her dog door for her dog (and Sora) to crawl through.

Her tree with apples for her to pick and put in the basket, and more flowers to pick (and a giant window).

Here is the inside: There's a vase for her flowers on a table behind her.

Here is her dog hanging out on a pillow near his door.

Her fireplace, which now has a bunch of pictures on the mantle for her to rearrange (with velcro).

Her library complete with spaces for her to put her books and cards.


Grandma Barney got Sora a bean bag chair so now Sora can sit by her fire and read a book in style and comfort.

 Sora decided the fire was too bright so she needed her shades.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Maleah that is a truly amazing feat! Every little detail is wonderful and Sora won't know how much time and love her Mama (and Daddy) put into it until much later, but she'll love it to death until then. Super cool!

Brooke Buckingham's Brain said...

Hey! I went to college with your hubby, but I don't know if we've ever met. I just had to comment on the playhouse you guys made! It's awesome! I'm really impressed! And I hope you don't mind me snooping at your blog from time to time. :) (I'm friends with the Rings and the Dyks too)

Lori said...

Do you know how much those would sell for?! :) Very cool.

Maleah said...

Thanks! It was a lot of work and of course isn't as perfect as I had wanted (nothing ever is!), but it turned out really well. I've seen similar houses on etsy for $150-200 (one-sided) and I spent less than $30 on the felt and maybe $10 on the PVC pipe, so comparatively it was a steal (but a TON of work - this is why I don't have 2 kids :) ). And Brooke, you're welcome to blogstock us any day!

Don & DeeEtta said...

Thanks for sharing the pics of the house. It turned out great. I'm so impressed with your creativity.

berrymama said...

Very impressive!!!! I can imagine how much work it was--but it turned out totally cool!!!!!