Monday, May 16, 2011

Camping (take 1)

Kyle and I are eagerly awaiting our road trip to Washington in less than a month and are trying to slowly prepare for it. One of the things on our list was to take Sora camping once to get used to sleeping in the tent. We went up to Door County for a work party day on Saturday and we thought that would be the perfect time to go camping. The only problem is that it was 45 and miserable all day. Luckily, we took advantage of the indoor space at Camp Wabansi and pretended we weren't inside. It worked really well!

Here is Sora enjoying her brat for dinner (because we are in Wisconsin after all):

And Kyle making Bananas Foster French Toast in the morning (super yummy!):

Sora did sleep most of the night in her sleeping bag and actually stayed on the sleeping pad for the most part too.

And just to prove we were really indoors:

This was the view from right outside the building. It seemed really strange to not smell salt water. 

On Sunday it did warm up a little, so Sora got to enjoy a playground.

Kyle did too.
Unfortunately, I left my wallet at this playground and just received a phone call from the Door County sheriff a few hours ago that they found it. I am amazed that they were able to find me, but it made me think that I really should carry some type of contact info in my wallet, especially since I'm still using my Washington State Driver's license... Yeah for Door County! I can't wait to go back again when it's nicer out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the camping pictures. Sora seems very comfortable in her camping chair and sleeping bag.

Padded Cell Princess said...

Where in Washington are you going? I grew up on the Olympic Peninsula and its gorgeous! I hope you have a wonderful trip!