Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Preview

With all the grandparent visits over and with cousin Dylan gone, Sora has some mixed emotions.

We are cautiously optimistic that spring has arrived. Last year after we thought we were in spring, we still had 3 big snow storms. I'm hoping this year will be different. It has been nice enough outside to play without heavy jackets and Sora is enjoying exploring all of the trees and camp again.

We also brought out the Tinker Toys! I had been saving this toy for Dylan's visit but the girls were so busy with other toys that I forgot all about this surprise. After playing for the evening with just the 3 of us, I'm glad we didn't have it out when Dylan was here - it makes a big mess! This toy won this toy study that I was watching the other day, since it elicited the most interaction, vocabulary, etc. than any other toy. Sora loved creating (here she is with a variation on her original salt shaker) and so did Kyle. I'm not sure who like the toy more!
 Kyle's dog (Sora helped him in his creative process)

Hopefully spring is here to stay and you'll be seeing more outdoor pictures soon!

No comments: