Sunday, July 27, 2014

Picture Walk

Sora loves taking pictures and going for walks, so a picture walk of our neighborhood was high on our to-do list! Sora took all the flower photos - there were some more of people's sprinklers and front yards. I just hope we didn't creep out our new neighbors with Sora's budding photography skills. Luckily she's cute so that helps.






This is a tree in our front yard. It's perfect for climbing and I have high hopes that as Sora grows up, this tree will be a wonderful place to read a book and be by herself.
Our house is basically all set up. We still need to buy a bunch of stuff, but it's relatively functional at this point. One of the things on our list is to buy a desk. I had one in mind, but when I saw this at the Re Store, it was better than I had planned and only $8. I'm thinking about painting the black metal another color... We also bought a filing cabinet. It came with 100+ hanging files and was only $15. Kyle thinks I'm crazy, but now that I have my own filing cabinet, I really feel like a grown up. My mom has had one for as long as I can remember and she kept all of her important "grown up" things in there. Now Sora can have something to aspire to.
I have set up my crafting area (nook) and loved the sight of my somewhat color-coordinated spool holder. I've had this for a few years and this is the first time it has actually been put on the wall. Love it!
And for good measure, here are some pictures of Sora at the last camp dance. She got there early to break in the dance floor in one of her many princess dresses.

She is hoping to wear a different princess dress to each of the remaining dances this summer. She is a hoot to watch at the dances - they are on Thursday, so Sora has had plenty of time to make a lot of friends throughout the week and she spends the dance floating around the room from one friend group to the next. Such a social butterfly - she totally takes after Kyle!

No comments: