Thursday, August 21, 2014

Things I love

So it's been over a month now, and I am officially in love with our house. I should probably document this now before I move out of the honeymoon phase into the everything needs to be fixed phase.

Below are some of the highlights:

Our fridge. Isn't it clean and organized? It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the red baskets are actually labeled. Because I'm crazy like that.

Sora is obsessed with collecting paint chips. I had enough laying around to make this new wall dry erase calendar without even leaving the house. It's very Pinterest worthy.
Kyle doesn't like this, but I love how the mail comes right into the house. Sora's gone for a few days and she got mail, so I am leaving it right on her floor for her to find tomorrow when she comes back. Oh, and I also love that she has my loft bed from college and my childhood dresser. My mom's a hoarder and now that we live closer I can take full advantage!
I love our grass! We have this awesome 4 part automatic sprinkler that the previous owners installed and our grass is gorgeous. Also, we inherited a reel lawn mower from Kyle's parents and I love mowing the yard with it, which is good since we need to do it twice a week. I'm amazed every time I use it at how awesome it works.
Another part of the sprinkler system waters the garden. I love that we have herbs, tomatoes, zucchini, and tons of fruit growing with very little effort on my part. Also, Kyle took out the ugly bush and next year we can have more vegetables and herbs. And the previous owners took really good care of the garden so weeding is a snap!
Also, the previous owners left a huge hose in the front and back yards that are both on these nice looking wheels. It makes our lives easier and I love them.
There are so many other things I love that I could probably go on for hours: the super strong spray on the sink (more than just the normal spray), the fact that Kyle and I prefer different showers and can shower at the exact same time, the fact that we have two toilets so I can actually lock the door, the list goes on and on. I think you get the idea.

No comments: