Monday, September 29, 2014

Routine


We are all getting used to our new school year schedule. I've been working for a month now and I am enjoying a break from just being known as mom or Kyle's wife. Sora loves school, and Kyle is enjoying a break from his busy season and a chance to be more of the primary parent for once. He takes her to school every morning and picks her up two days a week. I pick Sora up from after school care three days a week (although I'm only working 6.5 hrs per day, the school I work at and Sora's school don't line up very well time wise - luckily I have most of the same days off as Sora).

So far we haven't signed Sora up for any extra-curriculars, so after school Sora is free to play with the neighbors when they're available.

Here are the girls playing during and after a short but epic rain storm.





We've seen more rainbows in the past two months than we've ever seen in Wisconsin! I love it - it was one of the downsides of all of those trees and very little elevation difference. With all the hills around town and lack of huge forests, the rainbows have been abundant!
 Sora loves climbing the tree in our front yard to read. The neighbor does her homework (and sometimes also reads) while Sora relaxes with a book on her blanket.
Recently they've been really into making "potions" in our backyard. It involves using a ridiculous amount of soap, making a lot of dirty containers, and picking all the flowers and tomatoes in our yard. I'm not sure if the potions are magic or just fun...

Kyle has been looking forward to building a dining room table for YEARS and finally got some awesome free wood to make it look rustic and cool (and bonus - you can see my fancy work clothes). The table needs some more chairs, so maybe I'll convince him he needs to make two more. One of us will before Thanksgiving I'm sure. We also have a lot of painting and decorating to do (still). We're having family over for both Thanksgiving and Christmas so hopefully one of those holidays will be motivation for us to get our decorating finally done.


No comments: