Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Family Fun

We have had a busy month between Father/Daughter (with grandpa Barney), Montessori Family Camp, and more!

Our latest excursion actually involved pictures. We took advantage of an extra day off of school and headed to my parents house. Here we are enjoying the view at the rest stop:
 Enjoying my parents' dog, Willow:
 Giving papa some love during a random electrical equipment auction:
 And of course no visit in October would be complete without the pumpkin patch. This year we went to a new one that was totally underrated. I loved it! There was hardly anyone there, tons to do, and very affordable (free, except for the horse ride and the pumpkins).

 We had rubber duck races with the hand pumps:
 Sora and I were brave enough to hold baby chickens! We even figured out how to grab them out of their basket (something neither of us was brave enough to do at the start).
 Family photo op:
 Pumpkin bowling:
 We went to a customer appreciation day at my parents' food coop and got a ton of samples and freebies! On our way home, we stopped at another pumpkin patch (only because they also have a distillery) for some more great photos:

 And of course a bite to eat.
Some of my favorite parts were not photo documented of course. We went to my favorite consignment store where I got some great jeans (nobody else cares I know), my favorite hands on science museum that is only $2!, my favorite used bookstore where I saw someone I recognized as a local celebrity (to me at least - he does these corny performances at the farmer's market), a new-to-us brewery, and a great yarn store! Overall, a great trip as always!

No comments: