Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Chicago

One of the perks of my new job is that I got to attend an annual national convention in Chicago. While Chicago in March is not on my top list of places to visit, it moves around each year so next year we'll be headed for San Diego. Luckily, it was unseasonably warm, I got to see some cool things, get to know my co-workers better, and be totally overwhelmed and inspired for my job.

I was there when the Trump rally was cancelled due to protests. I stayed very close to Trump Towers, which was a long way from the rally. 
 The Art Museum is world renowned and had a lot to see.

 There was a sculpture park as well, but I prefer Seattle's.
 Of course I had to eat a Chicago dog and send a photo to Kyle.
 An overwhelming candy store for Sora.
And because I was there the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day, I got to see the river turn green. This was less than a block from our hotel, and the hotel was actually on the river as well, so this sight stayed with me the rest of the weekend.
 And of course, the Chicago PD. My favorite part of Chicago is the city flag, which the policeman is explaining to us. I watched the world's most interesting TED talk on flags, so I already knew all about the amazing flag of Chicago. In fact, the souvenir I bought for Kyle was a stocking cap with the city flag on it.
 The green river never got old.

And this is why I hate to fly. It's hard to truly appreciate this scene, but we waited for over 90 minutes to go through security. When we finally got to our gate, the plane was boarding. We were lucky to fly from Yakima, which has a 2 minute wait for security on a bad day. This is also why I will insist on flying in and out of Yakima as often as possible!

No comments: